OUR NEW VISION – 2018-2020 – Anticipate!
The meaning of our VISION – ANTICIPATE – is through God’s prompting of us through the Holy Spirit, and with His guidance and direction, we as a church begin to Anticipate the needs of our church and the community around us, to use our resources with good stewardship to meet those needs, both spiritual and physical.
Involvement in our vision pertains to us making more of an effort to connect our body of believers to each other through opportunities to do ministry together, and to be in life groups together. We also desire to make sure we make a better effort to connect with guests and new attenders, to do a better job of getting them involved in the body of Christ at BRADY LANE! Some of the things we will be doing in the next three years to help with that are:
- New interior signage to eliminate guest and member confusion
- New Service Times Beginning on January 7th, 2018 – (8:30 Worship/9:45 Sunday School/ 11:00 Worship)
- Move Coffee Bar away from children’s hallway to the adult hallway to alleviate congestion and add security to our children’s area
- Formation of a security ministry team
- Annual Ministry Fair in all three years
- Implementation of Involvement Plan (1st time guest – to meet the pastor – to BLC 101 & 102 Class – to involvement in life group or ministry team
- Formation of an intentional Connection Team
- Improve guest services team by adding new members and upgrading our welcome area to help people get involved.
- More mentoring and discipleship opportunities – Goal was set that everyone who serves in a ministry will have trained someone to do what they do before 2020.
Community in our vision pertains to our desire to get more connected to the community around us. We have been very internally focused over the past three years as we healed the grew through a difficult season. Now we are ready to turn our eyes out to the community around us, and get busy making Jesus famous in Lafayette, Indiana. Some of the things we will be doing in the next three years in this area are:
- Better follow up on our events to help connect with our community and get them to come back again.
- More focused outreach opportunities, being intentional with our calendar to match up with community events.
- Connecting with Pheasant Run Apartments to reach to their tenants
- Electives for the community – ESL, Help Groups, Recovery Groups, Financial Classes, Etc.
- Increase in our involvement at Miami Elementary School, our adopted school.
- Increase our presence in our community at events, festivals, parks, city schools, and Purdue and Ivy Tech events.
- Become more culturally diverse to match our community around us.
- More involvement in Missions both at home and abroad.
Resources in our vision pertains to the abundance of blessings that God has poured out upon us, and using those blessings to bless others. We have set a goal by the end of 2017 to be out of debt as a church. We are very close to reaching that goal. With the freedom that presents to not be making a mortgage payment every month, most churches end up going back into debt to start a new project. Our elders have made a commitment that BRADY LANE CHURCH will remain debt free – and we will not take on another large debt. All projects in this area will only be completed when the money has been raised to do them. Again this means we are going to as a church remain disciplined as good stewards of what we have, while we wait to save up the amount needed to complete the project. Some of the projects that we hope to complete in this next three years if God continues to bless us are:
- Remodel and Secure Brady Lane Kids Hallway.
- Upgrade Sanctuary Lighting.
- Construct Neighborhood park/playground on our open lot complete with parking and bus stop.
- Outdoor sign replacement to solidify our identity in the neighborhood.
- Bring GSLC Director and teachers on as BLC staff, making our preschool tuition free.
- Upgrade Sanctuary Stage.
- Repair and Securing of Baptistery Well.
- Begin developing a new master plan for our facility taking us beyond 2020.
- in 2020, we will begin early phases of new master plan to add or repurpose space under our existing footprint.
How we got here!
In March of 2017, the Elders, Staff, and Ministry Team Leaders gathered to begin the process of vision casting. This process includes the members of the Vision Team participating in a 24 hour fast, followed by two days of prayer, Brainstorming and process of elimination exercises. At the end of the two days, the group had decided on a name for the vision, as well as the key areas that needed to be our focus for the next three years.
We also in the process formed three focus groups from a cross section of our congregation that helped us further define and identify things that we could do to improve areas of our vision or even create new ideas for things we had not yet tried. This took place in June of 2017.
The process concluded with three months of the Elders and Staff taking all of the information collected and refining it into some goals to carry out over the next three years. God has blessed and been all over this endeavor and we can’t wait to see what He does through us at Brady Lane Church!
Our leadership team (Elders, Staff, and Ministry Team Leaders at our vision casting, March 3/4, 2017.
Our Past Vision (2015-2017) inspire
Our three targets of our first vision cast in November of 2014 at Brady Lane Church were…
- inspire – next generation
- Inspire the body of Christ to mentor the next generation.
- Develop and maintain the path of discipleship that will inspire the next generation.
- Identify and train leaders that will inspire the next generation.
- inspire – evangelism
- Inspire the body of Christ to create relationships with the lost.
- Foster an urgency in the body to inspire others to surrender to Christ.
- Inspire an attitude of patience to allow the Holy Spirit to change lives.
- inspire – discipleship
- Inspire the stong to mentor the weak.
- Equip the body to inspire spiritual depth.