Afraid to Answer Week Three
Psalm 139 / Various Texts
How can we love messy people without getting messy ourselves?
- No Matter where we go God goes with us.
- To go into the mess without participating in the mess requires our eyes to be fixed on Christ.
Woman caught in adultery – John 8:1-11
- It’s time to turn our judging eyes on ourselves.
Dining with tax collectors and sinners – Matthew 9:10-17
- God loves us in spite of knowing us!
Messy Gentiles – John 4:46-54; Matthew 8:5-13; John 4:1-22; Luke 10:25-37
- We love them without condition.
- We love them with mercy.
- We love them sacrificially.
We focus on Christ.
We love like Christ.
We point them to Christ.