Matthew 4 & 6
Feasts were held to:
- Remember God
- Celebrate God
- Worship God
- For Fellowship of Believers
The Fast in the Old Testament was meant to:
- Experience Humility – Psalm 35:13
- Express Grief – Judges 20 & 2 Samuel 3
- Seek Repentance – Joel 2 & 1 Samuel 7
- Strengthen Prayer – Daniel 9
The first reason we see for fasting is to receive power.
The second reason we see for fasting is for presence.
The third reason we see for fasting is perspective.
Fasting is about denying self and pursuing God.
Main Point: A church that commits to fasting together for the purpose of receiving God’s guidance will be blessed by God.