Various Texts, including 1 Peter 2:11-25 and Romans 13
Jesus is King of all nations. We are Christians first, American’s second.
Thing’s we learn about politics from Peter:
- Recognize the authorities and submit.
- Do not use your freedom in Christ to do evil things.
- To submit means we might endure suffering, like Jesus.
Things we learn about politics from Paul:
- We must not let patriotism become an Idol.
- We are first a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
- Those who are in power are only allowed to be by God.
- We must stand for truth, but doing so may come at a price.
Things we learn about politics from Jesus:
- Love one another – if you do this they will know you are my disciples.
- Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s. To God what is God’s.
- Be Shrewd but innocent.
Main Point: Mark 10:42-45