Aramaic words written on the wall:
- Mene = Babylon will be no more
- Tekel = weighed and wanting
- Peres = Land will be divided
Daniel’s turning down of the gifts was a sign of spiritual maturity not one of insult.
- Would you be willing to give up personal gain to do what is right in God’s eyes?
Belshazzar actions of using the holy emblems was a direct challenge to God.
- We should be careful how we use what belongs to God
- That includes us…we are His.
Daniel told the truth, even though it was bad news, and could have even cost him his life.
- Our truth is that Jesus is the only way.
- That is truth that can come with a cost.
Main Point: Being a disciple of Jesus comes with a cost…are you willing to pay?