Matthew 1:1-17; Luke 2:21-40
Consecrated: to declare sacred or set apart.
- He was waiting on and watching for God.
- He had a relationship with the Holy Spirit.
- The Spirit promised him he would see the Messiah.
- She was widowed very young.
- She was always at church.
- She was a prayer warrior.
Simeon and Anna were the first two people recorded in scripture that devoted their entire lives to Jesus Christ.
Things They Bore Witness to Joseph & Mary and Others:
- That Jesus was salvation.
- That Jesus was Christ, the Messiah.
- That Jesus was for Israel and for Gentiles.
Main Point: As part of the reclaimed, redeemed evergreen family tree – we are to be like Simeon and Anna – our primary mission as the church is total devotion to connecting people to Jesus Christ.