Matthew 1:6; 2 Kings 18-20; 2 Kings 22-23; 1 Timothy 6:13-16
The 4 “Good” Kings
King Godly Quality Failure
- David Had God’s Heart Adultery/Murder
- Solomon Had God’s Wisdom Greed/Coveting/Polygamy
- Hezekiah Had God’s Righteousness Foolish/Did not Plan
- Josiah Had God’s Word Had no Influence
They were all good kings, but none of them were the King of Kings.
Their failures and those of the people they led left Judah a stump.
Main Point: Our faith needs to be in the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Jesus Messiah!
- We need to be a family that loves God and people.
- We need to be a family that wisely seeks and follows God’s will.
- We need to be a family that pursues righteousness.
- We need to be a family that holds up God’s Word.