Matthew 1:5; Joshua 6; Book of Ruth
There are real people with real problems, real struggles, real setbacks, and real sin that are part of Jesus evergreen family tree.
- Rahab was a gentile prostitute. (Rahab’s story can be found in Joshua 2 & 6)
- Ruth was a young gentile widow in a Jewish land. (Ruth’s story in the Book of Ruth)
The story of Ruth and Boaz son of Rahab is a image of God’s story.
Ruth represents the church.
- Ruth was a willing bride and a faithful servant.
Boaz represents Christ.
- Boaz was the Kinsman Redeemer.
- Boaz loved the bride, did whatever it took to redeem her, and created a way where there seemed to be no way.
Main Point: Even when some trees seemed to be withered and dying, God sent Jesus to redeem us all!