The False Doctrine of Happiness
- Whatever makes me happy is right.
- Whatever makes me unhappy is wrong.
- Discomfort, disappointment, heartaches, headaches, and hurdles can’t be God’s will.
- Seeking our own happiness above all else is what’s most important because…
GOD JUST WANTS ME TO BE HAPPY…God Never Said That!
Without realizing it, we have become worshippers of the false gods of comfort, money, pleasure and things.
- God doesn’t want us to be happy if what makes us happy is wrong.
- God doesn’t want us to be happy if it’s only based on things of this world.
Main Point: God’s highest desire for us is to be HOLY.