The Beatitudes are:
- A code of ethics for disciple makers.
- A contrast between the Kingdom and the world.
- A contrast between superficial and real faith.
- An illustration how Old Testament expectations are fulfilled in the Kingdom.
Blessed: to experience joy and hope independent of outward circumstances.
On EARTH IN the KINGDOM
Poor in Spirit Peace
Ache for Right Right will be everywhere
Pure God’s Presence
Peacemakers Children of God
Three Truths from this text:
- If you are being persecuted for exercising your faith then you are probably on the right track…if you are not – then you probably have room to grow!
- If we are not making a difference in the lives of the people around us, then we are of little use to God.
- Hiding our light or even just not explaining why we have light is unacceptable to God.
Main Point: If we want to be in the blessings of the Kingdom, then we have to be willing to put ourselves out there while we are in the world!