Matthew 26; Luke 22; John 18
- Jesus knew everything that would happen. (John 18)
- Jesus knew His Time. (John 18)
- Jesus also knew the time of darkness. (Luke 22)
- Jesus gave himself up because it was part of the plan. (all)
The Disciples Response:
- Judas betrayed then committed suicide.
- Peter attacked then denied three times.
- The others ran.
The Unlawful prosecution of Jesus:
- Illegal Time
- Illegal Witnesses
- Illegal Charges
- Illegal Sentence
How Did Jesus respond to the injustice, the hatred, the envy, the greed, the violence? With humble silence. Because it was part of the plan.
How did Jesus respond to injustice in other situations?
Lament – Entrance into Jerusalem
Anger – Clearing of the Temple
Righteous Response – Zacchaeus, Tax Collectors, Adulterous Woman, Woman at the Well
Main Point: As Christians we are allowed to respond to injustice with sorrow, anger, and just actions; sometimes we need to just remain silent. We must take injustice to God before we respond.