I AM the light of the world
I AM from above
I AM the bread of life
I AM the truth (way/truth/life, true vine, resurrection)
The Pharisees are at a point where they have run out of viable arguments and resort to name calling.
When we challenge Jesus, we are not going to win.
Ways we challenge Jesus:
· Picking and choosing truth
· Bold blasphemy
· Ignoring him all together
The result of the challenge is eternal death and separation from God.
Jesus makes five claims in this text that assure our salvation:
1. He claims to honor the Father
2. He claims the Father seeks to glorify Him
3. He claims an eternal relationship with the Father
4. He claims Abraham rejoiced to see His day
5. He claims to be the I AM.
Main Point: When we follow Jesus, it is impossible for us to lose.