I AM: The Light of the World
- This proper name of God is first heard in Exodus Chapter 3:13-15
- “I AM that I AM… This is what I want you to say to the Israelites: I AM sent me to you.”
- The Burning Bush – a source of light on the mountain shrouded in darkness.
- Jesus is making a connection between himself and the pillar of fire from the Exodus (13:20-22)
The World is stuck in three types of darkness:
- Intellectual Darkness
- Moral Darkness
- Spiritual Darkness
The Light of Jesus does five things…
- Light reveals.
- Light gives life.
- Light scatters darkness.
- Light gives warmth.
- Light provides guidance.
The only way to be in the light is to know and follow Jesus.
- Knowing Jesus comes through a relationship with Him.
- Following Jesus comes through commitment and obedience.
Main Point: When we know and follow Jesus we then become the light of the world!
John 9:5; Mathew 5:14-15; Philippians 2:14-15