I Will Serve
Matthew 20:20-28 & Philippians 2:1-11
We were never meant to be consumers, we were meant to be contributors.
Serving the Kingdom is never about us…it’s about God and others first.
- We have to cease and desist being I WANT kind of church members and become I WILL church members.
- We must serve rather than demand.
- We must contribute rather than consume.
“Make every occasion a great occasion, for you can never tell when someone may be taking your measure for a larger place.” – Mardsen
Four implications of Mardsen’s statement:
- Our work is supposed to help us grow.
- We are always being measured.
- Each job prepares us for the next one.
- The Lord may move us when He sees we are ready.
Main Point: We are to serve. It will bring us joy!