When We Don’t Want to Go
Running Ahead of God – Jonah 4
Jonah was angry because he knew that God would have compassion on Nineveh.
Jonah ran ahead of God.
- Jonah figured up his plan without thinking about God’s plan.
- Jonah wanted Nineveh punished as an example to his own people.
God teaches Jonah a lesson on forgiveness.
Jonah, and the nation of Israel had forgotten their purpose. (Genesis 22:18)
- God feels compassion for those we want judged.
- God’s judgment is reserved for those who persist in rebellion.
- We must be sensitive to the spiritual needs of those around us.
- We must not run ahead of God in anything.
Main Point: We cannot allow ourselves to forget our purpose.