John 9/Various Other Texts
There are lots of different responses to Jesus during his last week…
- The people celebrated his arrival.
- The Romans feared an uprising.
- His disciples argued over who would be the greatest.
- Judas began plotting, to force Jesus to rise up.
- The Religious leaders pride caused them to be jealous.
In this healing of the blind man, there were more reactions to Jesus:
- The man’s neighbors were skeptical.
- The Pharisees were disbelieving.
- His parents believed but were afraid.
- But the man…showed a growing faith!
Lessons we learn from the blind man:
- Instead of asking “why did this happen to me?” or “what did I do wrong?” ask God to give you strength and a clear perspective.
- You don’t need to know all the answers…you just have to be able to tell people how Jesus changed your life.
- To know Jesus is to keep walking with Him.
Main Point: What is your response to His Amazing Grace?