The Rich Young Ruler (Matthew 19:16-30 & Luke 18:18-30)
- The young man calling Jesus good teacher was equivalent to calling him God.
- The young man’s love of money was the barrier keeping him from eternity.
- The young man came to Jesus wondering what he could do; he left agonizing over what he couldn’t.
- Not everyone’s barrier is money. What barriers are keeping you from being all in for Christ?
- Love means we push each other to transform. Romans 12:2
- The abundance of the rich becomes their deficiency.
- Because of our abundance in America, we seldom have to fully rely on God.
Serving Others Over Self (Matthew 20:20-28)
- The disciples didn’t realize what they were asking for.
- They would follow after Jesus in a way they would not enjoy.
- Jesus wanted them to be different than worldly leaders.
- Kingdom leadership is becoming the least, while elevating others.
The Simple Truth: Living like Jesus means we Love GOD first, and others second. We put ourselves last.