- If there is no resurrection then our faith is meaningless. (1 Corinthians 15:17)
- We can have faith in all of Jesus’ promises based on the fact that he kept the promise of the resurrection.
- Because Jesus resurrected, and promised we would too, we can be sure of our own resurrection.
- We do not follow the lessons of a good teacher, we follow the life of a living Savior!
- The differences in the accounts are not a cover up, it is four guys writing from different perspectives to different audiences.
The Simple Truth: The Resurrection of Jesus:
- Identifies Christ
- Validates Faith
- Energizes the Gospel
1 Corinthians 15:20-22
20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.