PART 1 – FORGIVENESS & HEALING
- If God alone can forgive and God alone can heal, then Jesus is God.
- Physical well-being is not the central core of the Christian faith.
- One of the main reasons Jesus came was to bring forgiveness.
PART 2 – SPENDING TIME WITH SINNERS
- There is no prerequisite for being loved by God.
- We can love people and focus on their potential without condoning their behavior.
- Jesus loved people where they were without participating in their struggle.
PART 3 – PURPOSE of FASTING
- Fasting before Jesus was for mourning, to prove one’s piety, or to get forgiveness of sins.
- Fasting after Jesus is used to draw near to God and to hear from him.
The SIMPLE Truth: Forgiveness is not found in health and wealth, keeping rules, or spiritual disciplines; its only found in Jesus.