Peter, James, & John
- Among first called (Mark 1:16-19)
- Mentioned first in list of 12 (Mark 3:16)
- Witnessed things others didn’t (Luke 8:51 & Mark 5:32)
o Witnessed the Transfiguration (Mark 9)
o Witnessed the Garden Prayer (Mark 14:33)
The transfiguration of Jesus revealed three things:
- Jesus’ divine nature.
- Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets.
- Jesus was elevated above the two most revered men in Judaism.
Simple Truths from Mark 9:14-50
- There are some things that only God’s power and prayer can overcome.
- The “greatest” is Jesus, the rest of us finish a distant second.
- We should celebrate the victories of other believers in other places.
- Don’t cause others to stumble!
The Simple Truth: If we aren’t willing to be the salt then we are worthless to God.
Salt represents three things:
- Remembering God’s faithfulness – Leviticus 2:13
- Flavoring the world around us – Luke 14:34-35
- Counteracting the decay in the world – Matthew 5:13