Hebrews 11/ Genesis 22
Abraham learned the lesson of trust.
Abraham learned the lesson of faith through a test.
- The test taught Abraham that while you love the gift, you love the Giver of the gift even more!
Abraham learned to honor God’s faithfulness through giving a tithe.
- Everyone should appear before the Lord ready to give. (Deuteronomy 16:16-17)
Why should we continue the tithe today?
- Tithing proves our relationship (Trust)
- Tithing proves our faith (Test)
- Tithing expands the Kingdom (Tithe)
MAIN POINT: We no longer tithe because of a law, obligation, or guilt. We tithe now because of our relationship with our High Priest and King…Jesus.