Leviticus 7:12/Psalm 100/Psalm 95:1-2
Towdah comes from the same principle root word as Yadah and the literal meaning is to raise a hand in adoration, acceptance, and thanks.
Towdah in the Psalms usually referred to thanksgiving for things not yet received as well as things that are happening now.
- It also means to be thankful even during difficult times.
- Much like Yadah – the hands are used as an outward expression of Towdah.
The Towdah Epistle: Colossians
- Colossians 2:6-7 – Thankfulness should be overflowing
- Colossians 3:15-17 – Thankfulness and Gratitude lead to peace.
- Colossians 4:2 – Thankfulness takes devotion and vigilance.
Main Point: Sometimes it is easy to focus only on our problems and miss out on the joy of God’s provision. Let’s Towdah…Give Thanks!
I am not thankful for ____________________, but I can be thankful in the midst of ___________________.