Types in the book of Ruth:
Naomi – represents Israel
- Teaching/interpreting the law for Ruth
- Leading and mentoring Ruth
- Living an on again/off again relationship with God
Ruth – represents the Church
- Willing Bride
- Available Servant
- Faithful & Loyal
Boaz – represents Christ
- Loves the Bride enough to do whatever it takes to redeem her
- Creates a way to be redeemed
Out of selfishness, the first kinsman refused to redeem.
Even in our greatest moments of sadness and calamity, God can bring us great blessings.
Main Point: We must live with an eternal mindset. With faithfulness to God, our legacy will last long beyond our lifetime.