Stick with the Plan
Ruth Chapter 3
Kinsman-Redeemer: A relative that volunteers to take responsibility for extended family.
- Boaz spent the night at the threshing floor for two reasons:
- To prevent theft
- To wait for his turn to thresh grain
- Naomi’s advice while strange to Ruth, was a message to Boaz
- Ruth followed Naomi’s advice to the letter because she trusted her.
- Because Ruth followed the plan, Boaz redeemed her.
We must be willing to listen to the advice of those who are ahead of us.
A reputation of integrity is made by following through on one act at a time.
Main Point: Jesus is our Kinsman-Redeemer. We need to stick with His plan!