Luke 23:1-5 and 13-25
The Charges: Subversion, Evasion, Coup de ta.
The Truth: The charges were baseless, It all starts with a lie.
Pilate is the Politician.
- Pilate knew Jesus was innocent, but he simply washed his hands of it.
- Evil takes root when truth is at the mercy of pride, popularity, and politics.
- Compromising truth for our own gain leads to destruction.
Barabbas is the Radical.
- Barabbas was actually guilty of all the things Jesus was accused of.
- Jesus Bar-Abbas – Son of the Father vs. Jesus of Nazareth – Son of God
- Jesus took Barabbas place, he died for the sins of the guilty and set them free.
Main Point: We are all capable of being Pilate, but all of us are Barabbas.