Matthew 18:15-20 & Revelation 2:14-25
The best way to know when someone needs help is through accountability relationships.
What is the purpose of discipline in the Body?
- To honor Christ.
- To reconcile and restore.
- To protect the Body of Christ.
- To help others avoid falling.
- To avoid giving God a reason to withdraw his favor.
How do we restore someone to the Body?
- Realize that someone needs help.
- Clarify what is really happening.
- Plan for their possible responses.
- Consider legal issues.
- Set a time and place to meet.
- Follow Matthew 18:15-20.
Main Point: Willingness to do the hard work of discipline leads to a healthy body.