A special New Year’s Day message studying Hebrews 13:1-8
- Jesus took time to get to know his followers and they him.
- Discipleship can’t be rushed.
- We are supposed to walk with, and like Jesus.
Jesus Six Foundational Priorities:
- Dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- Centrality of prayer.
- Centrality of God’s Word.
- Centrality of worship.
- Centrality of Intentional relationships built on integrity.
- Centrality of continual surrender.
Six things we need to teach a new believer:
- That they have a new identity in Jesus.
- To learn to walk with the Holy Spirit.
- To be able to tell their story. (Testimony)
- To be able to tell God’s story. (Gospel)
- To feed themselves.
- How to confess, repent, and resume.
Main Point: A new believer needs us to be their spiritual family, nurture them, teach them the basics, and help them to learn their new identity.